Sunday, May 1, 2011

For God, who said, "Let light shine out of darkness," made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ.  2 Corinthians 4: 6

Sorry it's been so long since I've written.  Based on the opinion of my oncologist and the majority of the tumor board,  I did begin radiation a week and a half ago.   It will last 32 days altogether.  So far so good!  After 2-3 weeks into treatment, I've been told that fatigue can be a big factor.  I start back to work tomorrow;  so hopefully the tiredness will hit later in the afternoon-don't want to be asleep at the wheel!

I am looking forward to the routine of my work again-a bit nervous since it's been almost 6 months.  My bosses have been great to hold my position;  for this I'm very thankful!

St. E's has a great "after cancer treatment program";  a nurse navigator prepares a survivorship treatment plan based on all of the treatment one has received-it's very comprehensive and I think it's reassuring to have some extra direction for the future.  Pretty much helps you with the "what do I do now?" questions.  There's also a 12 week series called  "A time to Heal"  that's being offered this fall.  I'm anxious to see what that's all about.

So glad and thankful to be at this place in my journey.  God is good-always.  Love, Nancy

1 comment:

  1. Loved the update and loved my time with you today--it was perfect.

    ReplyDelete