Tuesday, March 8, 2011

"You are resplendent with Light."  Psalm 76:4

So glad to have surgery behind me.  I'm told that everything went well-I was pretty much out of it till later Thursday afternoon.  Thank God for good drugs-after a day or so the percocet started to make me anxious, so I switched over to hydrocodone (darn good stuff).  Was able to go home on Saturday and have been resting ever since.  Our girls have been with us for the past few days.  Angie was with me yesterday, Ger is home today, and Em will be back in town tomorrow.  I've had some great babysitters.

I was surprised by some awesome news today.  A nurse from my oncologist's office called;  my pathology report was excellent-no evidence of residual cancer.  Believe me, I was floored and amazed.  So many people have been praying for me; it's been a huge blessing.  I shouldn't be amazed-God's healing and grace is so big-sometimes it's hard for a mere human to comprehend.  It is said that God uses prayer to change people, so how incredible is it to think that all the people who have prayed for me have been changed by his grace?!

I will see both surgeons and my oncologist in the next 2 weeks, to see where we go from here.  I really don't know how to thank you all for praying so faithfully-it is such a gift!  Love, Nancy

1 comment:

  1. You are a gift! So glad that you are recovering and that the oncology report was so awesome! We are waiting to hear only good news about what is next. May God continue to bless you and your family! Love and Blessings! Linda

    ReplyDelete