Tuesday, March 1, 2011

When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world.  Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."  John 8:12

Hopefully I will be energized the next couple days; I usually work better under pressure.  Two more days till surgery-I will really be glad to have this over with.  Am very thankful to be at this point and I do feel pretty calm.  However, my thoughts become little monsters in the middle of the night;  thank God for daytime and his light that chases away my darkness.

I did have an appointment with the plastic surgeon last week.  He is very upbeat and encouraging-I think most of the followup will be with him.  So strange (and funny) to basically pick out your implants and hope they turn out to be the right size.  Your own skin is left intact, with the exception of the nipples.  I felt like I was at Sherwin Williams paint store picking out just the right shade of nipple.  One can always do the Barbie doll look and forget the extras.  How can you not laugh!

Gerry and I met with the head of the Nurse Navigation program at the cancer center at St. E'S.  He was very kind and informative.  I think that these folks can really help people with a multitude of questions at any point in their treatment. They also have programs in place after treatment is finished such as support groups, healing seminars, diet information,  and future doctor followup care.

Thanks again for all your prayers-keep em coming!  Love, Nancy

3 comments:

  1. Love you tons, Mom!! You keep your head up. I will be right there with you:).
    Been praying for constant peace to come over you and fill you up!

    Love,
    Gen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear an update from you--love comin' over to read what you have to say!!
    Praying for those monster thoughts in the night...I have found mine are less and less as this journey wears on, but they were at their peak right before surgery. I think it is so natural...

    Barbie doll look!! lol lol! Love it...

    So you got to meet Mr. Jay? Isn't he lovely? He let me borrow a 2 tsp of soy sauce for a recipe last night:) Don't you wish he were YOUR neighbor?:)

    I just love you. I'm thinking of you a ton. Is there anything you need from me?? Text me if so..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Nance,
    You are in my thoughts and prayers! This is the verse that the Lord reminded me of for you; "The Lord is with me,I will not be afraid What can man do to me? The Lord is with me He is my helper." Psalm 118:6-7a It sounds like you are in great hands and in many hands! I will be checking in to hear how you are doing! Love and Blessings to you! Linda

    ReplyDelete